List of Campaigns is the first interface you'll experience when you select In-Line Content from the navigation panel of your dashboard, as shown below. It's a central repository of all the App In-Line Content created by you, making it easy for you to create, analyze and modify campaigns.
This section gives you an overview of your App In-line Content. You can apply campaign filters, search for the campaign using the campaign name in the search bar, and download and schedule the reports.
You can search the campaigns by applying the campaign filters to get an accurate result.
Each App In-line Content can have any of the following statuses, discussed in further detail here:
Tag is a handy feature that helps you categorize your campaigns as per their purpose, target audience, or any other parameter that makes them easier to locate. If you have added Tags while creating the campaign, they will show in the drop-down, making your search easier.
Every campaign has a Property attached, which is created/ selected while creating a campaign.
Campaigns can be created for users of specific OS, filter the campaigns based on the targetted OS.
Skip the hunt - use the search bar placed on the top right to dig out existing campaigns. Type in a keyword, we'll match it to all the campaign titles and tags, presenting a list from which you can choose!
Reports can be downloaded and scheduled by only those Admins that have access to Account Management. If you're unable to do so, then please get in touch with your account owner.
Here's how you can obtain a report to analyze the performance of multiple App In-Line Content over a specific time frame:
Downloading a Report: As highlighted above, click the Download icon placed on the top right to obtain a copy of performance stats for all your App In-Line Content for a specific time frame. Here's a step-by-step guide.
Scheduling a Report: As highlighted above, click the Schedule icon placed on the top right to have performance reports delivered periodically to you and your teammates' inbox. Here's a step-by-step guide.
While the default data visualization format is a Percentage (%), you can change this to a Numbers (#) through the overflow menu placed on the top right, as shown below.
Campaign features allow you to create App In-line Content, Modify Campaigns, and Analyze them. It also provides you with a bird's eye view of the campaigns and their performance.
Let's walk you through all the column headers shown here:
Campaign Name: Includes a list of all the campaign titles, hyperlinked to the campaign's Overview section.
Layout: Shows the campaign view (Banner/ Text) selected at the time of creating the campaign.
OS: Shows the platform targeted by the App In-Line Content, indicated by:
- Android icon for campaigns sent just to Android devices
- iOS icon for campaigns sent just to iOS devices
- Both icons for campaigns sent to Android and iOS devices
Status: Each App In-Line Content can have any of the following statuses, discussed in further detail here:
Start Date: Indicates the date and time on which the campaign started getting delivered to its target audience.
(Unique) Impressions: Indicates the total number of users that have viewed the App in-line Content at least once.
(Unique) Clicks: Calculated against Impressions, it indicates the percentage of users that have clicked on the App in-line Content.
(Unique) Conversions: Calculated against Impressions, it indicates the percentage of users that have performed the campaign's Conversion Event within its Conversion Deadline. Detailed read on Conversion Tracking.
- Revenue is always shown in the Currency selected by you while setting up Revenue Mapping. Detailed read.
Tags: Tag is a handy feature that helps you categorize your campaigns as per their purpose, target audience, or any other parameter that makes them easier to locate.
Property: Shows the name of the property associated with the campaign.
A comprehensive list of all the performance indicators tracked for App In-Line Content
Using the options nested under the overflow menu placed next to a Campaign's Name, you can choose to Edit, Delete, Duplicate or Tag a campaign, as shown below.
You can prioritize the campaigns within the same properties, this can be done either from the ‘List of Properties’ page action dropdown for each Property OR within a Property Details page (Properties > select a property).
Prioritizing your campaigns can be an important feature that you may need. Prioritizing your campaigns can be used in cases where the same user is eligible for multiple campaigns within the same property.
Here are certain prerequisites that you require to prioritise your campaigns:
- To prioritise you must have a campaign maker or campaign checker permissions
- There must be at least 2 campaigns that are running or an upcoming campaign.
There are 2 ways to access this feature from the ‘Properties’ page of App In-line Content:
- Click on the Actions dropdown menu of any running or upcoming campaign and select the ‘Prioritize campaign for this property’ option OR
- Select a property, Click on the ‘Prioritize Campaigns’ beside the edit icon on the top bar
Within the ‘Prioritize Campaign’ Modal, you will find all the campaigns (Standalone as well as Journey campaigns on the selected property) which are in running or upcoming (that will be active in the near future). By default, you will notice all the journey and relay campaigns (if present) will be listed together in the top priority bucket and all standalone campaigns will be listed together in the next priority bucket.
If you would like to change the priority of a particular campaign, use the following steps.
- Click on ’Reorder’
- Drag and drop the campaign that you would like to reorder
- Click on ‘Save’.
- While reordering, you can drag the campaign to an already existing priority bucket or create a new priority bucket by clicking on ‘Click to add a new priority’.
- Campaigns at the top will always have the highest priority. Within the same bucket, campaigns will be shown in left-to-right order.
- If there are multiple campaigns within the same priority bucket, the latest campaign created will be shown first.
- Sometimes journey or relay campaigns may not show up as per their priority as updating the journey status of a user may take a few minutes. In such cases, the next prioritized campaign would be shown to the user
Please feel free to drop in a few lines at [email protected] in case you have any further queries or feedback. We're always just an email away!
Updated 2 months ago