Designing impressive campaigns that hit the ball out of the park is an exhilarating experience for us marketers. The ups of creating the right message, the downs of struggling with the right creative and the final redemption offered by a handsome ROI and a happy user - driving digital engagement is an emotional rollercoaster ride.
But this is just one side of the story.
There's a murkier side of marketing that most of us dread - generating reports. An average marketer spends 3.5 hours a week on collecting data pertaining to their campaigns and an additional 1 - 2 hours on organizing the stats in a consumable format.
What if you could utilize all this time in being more productive?
In our quest to make campaign reporting a seamless experience, we built Scheduled Reports - customizable and automated reports delivered straight to your inbox!
Reports can be configured and edited by only those Admins that have access to Account Management. If you are unable to do so, then please get in touch with the account owner.
In addition to analyzing campaign and channel performance in your dashboard, you can choose to have all the stats delivered to your (and your teammate's) inbox as a Scheduled Report.
You can schedule periodic reports for analyzing the performance of:
Team-wide Report Delivery: Multiple account admins can be added as Subscribers to a report while scheduling it or at a later date.
Account admins that have Account Management permissions can choose to Subscribe/ Unsubscribe to a report anytime they like.
All reports are emailed to their subscribers as a link to a downloadable CSV file, as per the report's settings.
Custom Report Frequency: You can choose to schedule a report for delivery on a Daily, Weekly or Monthly basis, as per your needs. The Frequency of an existing report can be edited anytime you like.
Custom Delivery Time: You can specify the time of report delivery in an AM-PM format under the field, When. Doing so will ensure that the report is sent to its subscribers at the specified time, as per your project's timezone (as specified under Account Setup while setting up the account).
Custom Time Frame of Analysis: Too many data points always lead to chaotic insights. This is why we have made it possible for you to specify the time frame (number of days) for which you'd like to receive campaign stats in a report. It can be determined by selecting a time frame between Last 1 Day - Last 30 Days under Data to Include, while scheduling a report.
For example, if you select Last 5 Days for a campaign's report, then it will include 5 rows of data, ranging from Day 1 - 5, indicating the campaign's performance against various performance indicators for each day.
Similarly, if you select Last 15 Days for the report - All Email Campaigns Summary, then it will include 15 rows of data for each Email campaign your users have interacted with, within the specified duration.
In this dropdown you can choose from 4 options i.e. Day-wise, Week-wise, Month-wise, and 30 days rolling window. Each of these have been explained below.
- Day-wise: When you choose the day-wise option the report that will be sent to you will have an aggregate of each day i.e. each row will consist of each campaign or variations day wise statistics.
- Week-wise: When you choose this option the report will consist of the aggregate of each week, i.e. Every row will contain the week-wise statistics for each campaign or variation, with each week defined from Monday to Sunday.
- Month-wise: On choosing this option your statistics will be aggregated for each month i.e. each row will consist of month wise statistics. (calendar month will be considered).
- 30 day (Rolling window): On choosing this option, your statistics will be aggregated based on every 30 days irrespective of the calendar month, i.e. Every row will include the rolling window statistics for each campaign or variation for up to 30 days. For example, if you choose a date range from June 15th to August 14th, two rows will be generated i.e. June 15th to July 14th and July 15th to August 14th.
Here's a list of use cases for each of the data breakdown options mentioned above.
- Day-wise: For example, In case you want a report for your campaign for the last 30 days on the first of December, then on choosing this data breakdown option, you will get a report that consists of the stats for each day in each row from the 1st to 30th of November, i.e. there will be 30 rows of the last 30 days in this report for you to analyze.
- Week-wise: For example, you’d like the report for the last 30 days on the first of December, on choosing the week-wise data breakdown option, you will receive a week-wise aggregated report for the last 30 days, i.e. since the week begins from Monday to Sunday, you will receive 5 rows of aggregated data for each week of the last 30 days.
- Month wise: Considering the same example from above but changing the option of data breakdown to Month-wise, in this case you will receive an aggregated report of the last 30 days in a single row, based on the calendar month i.e. 1st to 30th or 31st (based on the month).
- 30 Day Rolling window: For example, on choosing this option for the last 30 days, you will receive a consolidated report of the last 30 days irrespective of the calendar month, i.e. if you want the report for the last 30 days on the 14th of November, then you will receive the report from 14th October to 14th November, irrespective of the calendar month being taken into consideration.
Custom Data Granularity: At WebEngage, you can create up to 5 versions of a campaign and test each one with a small test segment to determine the copy that resonates with your audience. Thus, depending on your analytical needs, you can choose to analyze:
The overall performance of campaigns (Campaign Level Data)
The performance of each campaign variation (Variation Level)
Different businesses have different needs, and this is why we've never been a fan of the 'one-solution fits all' approach. Presenting, Custom Reports - highly detailed reports pertaining to all your campaigns, channels, journeys, users, segments, funnels, cohorts, and uninstalls, as requested by you!
While Standard Reports scheduled through your dashboard should take care of all your regular analytical needs, you can always request Custom Reports for any additional data points you need. Please get in touch with your Customer Success Manager or drop in a few lines at [email protected] with all your requirements, we'll be delighted to assist you!
Updated 6 days ago